‘Barks in the Park,’ Saturday, September 14 in Gardiner
‘Barks in the Park’ is coming to Gardiner Saturday, Sept. 14. The day will be filled with events, demonstrations and a dog-walk through historic Downtown Gardiner.
New to the event this year, Main Street Gardiner has teamed up with ‘Pooch’s 2nd Hand Shop‘ to support awareness and raise money with the ’2 Million Dogs’ effort. ’2 Million Dogs’ is a partnership between pets and people with the mutual goal of eradicating cancer in both through education and awareness, mobilization and empowerment, and funding comparative oncology research.
‘Barks in the Park’ will be a full day of shopping for dog stuff, enjoying food, games and helping dog non-profit groups.
Here’s your line-up:
- 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. Puppy Up Dog Walk Registration
- 10 a.m. – 11 a. 2 Million Dog Walk, Waterfront Park
- 11 a.m. – Agility Central of Maine & Working Dog Farm Demo
- 11:30 a.m. – Contests: Costume, Best Trick, Look alike & Best Dog Kiss
- 12 p.m. – Square Dance with your dog with Bev Kelm
- 12:30 p.m. – Group dog walk through Historic Downtown
- 1 p.m. – Petsmart will have a demonstration of how to train your dog to do some tricks!
Jennifer Merrill, Bethany Rackliff and Jessica Clark on the Moose Morning Show.
More on ’2 Million Dogs’