Firetrucks At My House This Morning
It was a pretty eventful morning out in the booming metropolis of Windsor, Maine. It's not every day that you get to have a 'touch-a-truck' event in your own front yard! Okay, that's not exactly what happened. Keri, my wife, called me around 6:30 indicating that a couple of our CO alarms were going off in the house. Because the ones CLOSEST to our propane boiler were not going off I'd thought it was probably a false alarm. I asked her to reset the alarms that were going off and see if they stopped- they didn't. After hearing that the alarms would not silence we decided it best to get everyone (pets included, except the cats, frig those guys) out of the house. I left the station and called the fire dept on my way. I arrived home just before WFD showed up to investigate.
As it turned out, there were 0 traces of carbon monoxide in our home (which is only about 6 months old) and it was deemed safe to re-enter the abode. Big shout out to Adam, Arthur, Norm and the truck driver whose name I forgot for coming out and helping us on a chilly Tuesday morning.
Next time you see one, be sure to thank a volunteer firefighter.. They don't do it to get paid, they don't do it for recognition. They do it so they can be talked about on the radio- just kidding! For real though, THANK YOU to the men and women who sacrifice their own time to protect our lives and property!