Getting Ready For Spring Sports [Sponsored Post]
Spring is finally here, and athletes all over Maine are finally getting outdoors to enjoy the warmer weather.
Unfortunately, sometimes getting started with spring sports can lead to injuries. Fortunately, there are some simple steps to prevent serious injuries.
The folks at Manchester Family Health (http://www.manchesterfamilyhealth.com), say that one of the most important things athletes can do to prevent injuries is to “stretch and hydrate.” It’s been a long winter, and as athletes ramp up for spring sports, it is important to stretch, especially quads and hamstrings, to help prevent injuries. In addition, drink plenty of water to keep muscles and bodies well-hydrated.
Additionally, here are some more tips to avoid injuries this spring.
- Make sure you have plenty of sleep
- Make sure your routine includes a warm-up and cool-down
- Don’t skip meals, and have a snack before exercising to keep energy up.
- If you start to feel tired, sick or start to hurt – stop exercising right away.
- Make sure to see a health care provider at the first sign of an injury.
This post has been brought to you by Manchester Family Health, located at 23 Bowdoin St. in Manchester.