A staggering blow to the #FreeKesha movement in court today (February 19): Kesha's request for an injunction against Dr. Luke was denied at the New York State Supreme Courthouse this morning.

According to Buzzfeed News reporter Mary Georgantopoulos, the judge found that there has been "no showing of irreparable harm. She’s being given opportunity to record."

"Our interest ins [sic] in her success. Our interest in in Dr. Luke’s success. They are not in the least bit mutually exclusive," the Sony lawyer reportedly said, noting that the injunction would "turn the law on its face."

According to New York Post reporter Julia Marsh, Dr. Luke's lawyer said "This whole she’s been put on ice for two years is solely of her own choosing." The judge reportedly added: "She does not have to have any interface at all with Dr. Luke."

"Kesha was highly successful with her first album…Sony is very interested in having her recording again," said the Sony lawyer, according to Marsh.

Kesha's lawyer, Mark Geragos, confirmed that Kesha "has always been amenable" to recording outside of Dr. Luke's company, but the offer exists as an "elusive promise" from Dr. Luke's camp. "As the hearing continues on the subject of which claims will move forward, Kesha may have to accept Dr. Luke's offer as the only available option for her at the moment," Billboard reports.

Kesha was reportedly "sobbing" in the courtroom alongside two fans and her mother Pebe Sebert, who recently had a lawsuit filed by Dr. Luke against her dismissed in the state of New York.

Kesha first filed a lawsuit against Dr. Luke in October of 2014, claiming that she had been “sexually, physically, verbally and emotionally abused” over the course of their 10 year working relationship. The producer fired back with a counter-lawsuit, claiming Kesha was lying and trying to extort him to get out of their legally binding contract.

See all the updates from reporters inside the courthouse below:


Kesha, Then + Now: