Let’s Make it a Safe Halloween with These Helpful Hints
On Halloween kid's (and parents) get so excited about the next stop and the next treat, that sometimes they react without thinking. Here are some helpful safety tips from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for kids are on the prowl on Halloween.
- Make sure any costume accessories -- such as knives and swords -- are flexible, short and soft.
- Never let children trick or treat alone.
- Carry a flashlight. Put reflective tape on all costumes and don't allow the kids to run. Take care when crossing the street.
- Limit candy gathering to a reasonable amount. Carefully inspect candy for choking hazards and tampering before letting your children dig in.
- Make sure costumes and masks fit well to avoid falls.
- Avoid walking near luminaries or lit candles, and make sure costumes are flame-resistant.