Skowhegan Woman Dies As A Result Of Injuries From House Fire
The State Fire Marshal’s Office says a Skowhegan woman seriously injured earlier this month in a fire at her mobile home has died.
According to Maine Department of Public Safety Spokesperson Steve McCausland, Michelle Sweet, 53, died last week at Maine Medical Center.
McCausland said Sweet was injured on December 5. Investigators say the fire started when she was smoking while on oxygen. Sweet escaped the home on Hilltop Drive and was found outside by her car . Sweet died Thursday (12/15) and is the 20th fire death of the year in Maine, McCausland said.