Top 5 Ways People Lie to You
Can you tell when someone is lying to you? Nobody wants to admit it, but sometimes people lie to you so they don't hurt your feelings. You should know when it happens!
Here are the Top 5 phrases people use when they're about to lie to you or say something harsh. According to psychology experts, we use them because we feel like they distance us a little bit from the lie, which makes us feel better about it.
1. "I want you to know." Example: "I want you to know Mac, I think you're really funny on the Moose Morning Show."
2. "As far as I know." Example: "As far as I know Mac, everyone is very excited to meet you."
3. "I'm just saying." Example: "I'm just saying Mac, but I don't think you play Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber enough."
4. "I hate to be the one to tell you." Example: "I hate to be the one to tell you, but that plaid shirt really makes you look slim, Mac."
5. "Don't take this the wrong way." Example: "Don't take this the wrong way, but we just want a selfie with Renee and Matt. Could you take the pic?"