Top Lies Parents Admit Telling Their Kids
EVERY parent lies to their kids at one time or another whether it’s about a magical visitor on Christmas Eve or something to get them to behave in a certain way. Below is a list of the top most common lies…
Below are some answers given by parents in an actual survey:
- “I’ll buy it next time”
- “Broccoli will make your grow tall”
- “I didn’t bring money with me today”
- That’s beautiful piano playing”
- “If you lie to someone, your nose will grow”
Below are listener contributions, which I think are much better:
- “If you tell lies your tongue will turn black”
- “If you swear a dragon fly will sew your mouth shut”
- While driving in the car: “If you keep fighting I’ll drop you off”
- At Curly’s Restaurant, would tell the kids, “the sign says if you don’t all your dinner you won’t get dessert.” The sign said, “Please wait to be seated”
- “If you’re not good, when the blue light in the store comes on, the store police will put you in the hole in the front of the store”
- “Hold your breath going past the graveyard or you’ll turn into a zombie”
- “If you don’t go to bed the boogeyman will come get you”
- “If you leave you Binky for the Binky Fairy, you’ll get treats”
- “If you’re not good, the big brown bus (UPS truck) will stop by, pick you up and make you peel potatoes for ten days…and that’s all you’ll have to eat for ten days”
- “You’ve got bugs in your nose, let me clean them out”
- “Don’t go into the woods, Bigfoot is in there”
- “You’re not ours…aliens gave you to us. If you’re not good, they’ll come back to get you”
- “If you cross your eyes, they’ll stay that way”
- “Earwigs will crawl into your ear and eat into your brain and make you crazy”
- We had a dog that was a brat so my mom gave him away and told us he got hit by a car. He walked 5 miles back home and was waiting for us when we got off the bus 2 days later.
- I told both my kids that little birdies took their bottles and left them a sippy cup.
- My mom told me that she fell asleep and woke up pregnant and I shouldnt do the same (sleep next to a man)… was wonderin of I should tell my daughter the same
- I am 37 weeks pregnant and my 4 year old son asked me randomly if I had a zipper in my belly? Confused I said no. He said so how’s the doctor going to get the baby out…LOL ummmm magic buddy, magic!
- I like to stop and get a Dunkin Donuts coffee every day. I have 3 kids, which I don’t want eating nor asking for donuts constantly. SO…. I told my kids on certain days of the week Dunkin Donuts only made bagels, there were no donuts for sale! By geez… they bought it! Each one of them at a young age. Doesn’t work now, they are 15, 10 and 7! But it worked for MANY years!!!
Thanks for a fun morning