Travel + Leisure Magazine Name Maine’s Best Ice Cream
Ice cream stores in Maine are opening up for the season and Travel + Leisure Magazine has an article on the Best Ice Cream in Maine. I'd love to have that assignment! We had asked our listeners where your go to ice cream place was. We got many great places including Fielder's Choice and Gifford's as our two most popular answers. But, what did Travel + Leisure come up with?
1. Round Top in Damariscotta. Featuring home-made ice cream with over 50 flavors.
2. Kettle Cove Creamery & Cafe in Cape Elizabeth. They feature all in house churned ice cream including a Maine favorite Needhams Ice Cream.
3. Mt. Desert Island Ice Cream in Bar Harbor. They feature some interesting flavors and combinations, like nectarine Prosecco, blueberry basil, and chocolate bergamot.
4. Dorman's Dairy Dream in Thomaston. They are a family owned place for over 60 years. They stick to the basics and the long lines is the proof that they are a local favorite!
5. Browns Old Fashion Ice Cream in York. The setting couldn't be any better adjacent to the Nubble Light Lighthouse. They are known for their simple, rich vanilla.