About two weeks ago my wife and I bought a Mazda 5 to be able to fit six people. Tomorrow the temp plate is due to expire, so I went to Auburn City Hall today to get real plates. I couldn't believe that a 2010 Mazda 5 was $20 cheaper to register than a 2003 Saab 9-5, but that’s not important.

While at the counter with the cashier/clerk, you’re asked a few questions, one being "Do you have to file an SR22?" I always reply by asking "What’s an SR22?" The clerk more often than not responds smiling, “If you don’t know what it is, then you don’t need it.” I know it has something to do with auto insurance and it’s a bad thing.

The other question is which type of license plate do you want or have? In Maine, we have what seems like dozens of specialty plates to choose from. All kinds of plates. There's everything from the original “loon” plate to the possibility of a new “Love” plate. We have a Humane Society plate, breast cancer awareness plate, agriculture plate, and the list goes on.

In the end, I went with the regular old boring chickadee plate because of cost and technically it's my wife's car. So, she can make the call if she wants a different type of plate next year.

What’s your choice?  Let us know in the comments below or on the Moose facebook page.