Reasons Why Cooper Is Glad To Be Back In Maine
In case you didn’t know, I am new to central Maine. I was born and raised in Houlton, but have never lived in the Augusta area before. In fact, I am just getting back to New England after spending a year and a half in northwest Pennsylvania.
There are a lot of great things about Pennsylvania, but I am really, really, really, really, really, REALLY glad to be back in my home state
Some of the reasons:
- Everything Is So Green! I looked out my window Saturday morning and was almost blinded by green! Trees, grass, my neighbor’s car! Don’t get me wrong, there were plenty of beautiful spots in Erie, but none were as green as our area.
- Almost Everyone Around Me Are Fans Of The 4 Teams That Matter! Of course I mean the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, and Celtics. It’s kinda’ rough being the only person in bar cheering for the Patriots when everyone else (at least for that day) were Broncos fans
- Red Hot Dogs! There’s almost nowhere else in the world you can get them. Trust me! I’ve asked for them other places and gotten weird looks in return
- Everything And Everyone Are Close! I’m less than 3 hours away from 90% of my friends and family.
- Beer! Not only do we have a lot of amazing craft beers in New England, but they are easier to get. Grocery stores, gas stations, convenience stores, craft beer stores… Everywhere! Not so much in Pennsylvania. I had no idea, until my first weekend in Erie, that gas stations and convenience stores in PA don’t sell alcohol. Actually, grocery stores didn’t start selling beer until a few years ago (they’re working on a law that will allow grocery stores to sell wine).