Six Chosen for World Video Game Hall Of Fame Inductees
Six games have been inducted into the World Video Game Hall of Fame. The winners were announced last week (June 4) at The Strong museum of play.
Oh, if I could only have back all the quarters (and time) I wasted through the years.
- Pong, which made the cut for being the first to bring video games into the limelight.
- Pac-Man, which became a mass cultural phenomenon with its own spinoff TV series and toy line.
- Super Mario Bros., whose iconic soundtrack registers worldwide.
- Tetris, the puzzle game that helped launch the Nintendo Game Boy personal game console.
- DOOM, the first game to operate from a first-person shooter perspective.
- World of Warcraft, the most successful online multiplayer role-playing game in the world.
In choosing the winners, the selection committee examined the impact each video game has had on future game development and on popular culture. Also, they looked at iconic-status, longevity and geographical reach of the games.
What is you favorite all-time video game. Tell us in the comments below or on our facebook page!