Gasp and Cringe at This Crunching Compilation of the Hardest Football Hits Ever
We don't know how many of these guys ended up with concussions, but it's probably best not to think about that if you want to enjoy this.
In fact, "enjoy" may not be the best word here. It's thrilling, sure. Amazing? Okay, it is pretty ridiculous that these guys can A) hit that hard and, even more so, B) survive being hit that hard. Kinda makes you wonder why anyone would ever choose to be a wideout. Next time you're watching a game and you have the urge to criticize a receiver for bailing out early or "hearing footsteps," just think about these hits and realize: it makes perfect sense for him bail. You would too.
Anyway, it's New Year's Eve -- time for everyone to watch some college football. Here's a list of what to expect from the big games the next two days:
College Football Playoff Semifinals -- December 31
- Orange Bowl: Clemson vs. Oklahoma (4 p.m. ET, ESPN)
- Cotton Bowl: Michigan State vs. Alabama (8 p.m., ESPN)
Non-Playoff Games -- January 1
- Fiesta Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Ohio State (1 p.m., ESPN)
- Rose Bowl: Stanford vs. Iowa (5 p.m., ESPN)
- Sugar Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Mississippi (8:30 p.m., ESPN)