The holiday shopping season is upon us, and more and more consumers are looking for ways to shop with local businesses.
Shopping local is a great way to support your community and it allows your money to stay in the local area.
According to the American Independent Business Alliance, doing your shopping at locally-owned businesses is a great way to help build your community, it also gives consumers a better shopping experience overall.
According to the alliance, money spent at a locally-owned business has about 3 times the economic impact of money spent at a national chain and almost 50 times the impact of money spent online. Additionally, shopping locally gives you the chance to "try before you buy," and get better customer service before, during and after the sale.
With that in mind, consider supporting these local businesses this holiday season:
- Ellie Anna's Gift Shop-785 Main Street, Lewiston and 114 Main Street, Freeport
- Elite Body Essentials-697 A Route 202, Greene, and 357 Maine Avenue, Farmingdale
- The Major's Furniture and Appliance- 680 Main Avenue,Farmingdale
- Lion's Den Tavern-74 Main Street, Waterville
- Knight's Farm Supply -2310 N Belfast Ave, Augusta
- Merit Pools and Spas - 9 Orchard St, Augusta
- Western View Golf Course, Pub, and Event Center - 130 Bolton Hill Rd, Augusta
- Jack Traps Ice Fishing Outfitters - 151 Ridge Rd, Monmouth
- Lisa's Restaurant & Lounge - 15 Bangor St, Augusta
- Lisa's China Dine-ah - 281 Lakeview Dr, South China
- Kennebec Chocolates - : 10 Western Ave, Augusta
- Keycodes Escape Room - 1345 Auburn Rd, Turner
- Saylorink Tattoo - 558 Riverside Dr, Augusta
- Whispering Raven - 64 Bangor Street, Augusta (above Auclair Cycle & Ski)