This is sort of a journal type post but this morning at about 4 am I woke up out of sound sleep and yelled loud enough to wake up Lynn, “I smell smoke!” It really scared me especially where we have three kids in the house.
Last weekend there was a fire in Orrington. A man and three of his kids died in the fire. It appears they did not have working smoke detectors. It can be easy to forget to change the battery and if you have them near the kitchen they can be a pain. Mine used to go off every time I cooked something, so maybe better placement is the answer and not just taking the battery out. Bottom line is smoke d