Watch: Do You Love Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread as Much as Actress Jennifer Garner?
When we think about Maine-based recipes for sweet treats, we probably first think about blueberries or our famous whoopie pies.
Mmm, now I’m craving some good old-fashioned Maine blueberry pancakes.
While we have plenty of treats we’re known for, there’s one thing, in particular, that iconic actress Jennifer Garner loves from Maine.
Jennifer Garner’s Pretend Cooking Show
The famous actress is known for her fun and flirty appearances in “13 Going on 30”, “Juno”, and “Ghosts of Girlfriends Past”, just to name a few. She also used to be married to Massachusetts lover boy Ben Affleck but he’s with his other Jenny from the Block now.
Garner has a Pretend Cooking Show where she likes to show her fans some of her favorite recipes to make at home. She’s adorable and fun on camera and these videos make for intimate moments with a star that reminds us they are human beings just like us.
Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread
KitchenAid gifted the actress a mixer and she was so excited about it, she chose to make a Maine-based recipe! How cool!
Garner claims this is her favorite recipe for baking with kids, so it’s pretty easy to follow along. If you’re interested in making it for yourself, here are the ingredients and recipe:
- 1 small sugar pumpkin (or ½ 15oz can)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup safflower oil
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut pumpkin in half, stem to base. Remove seeds and pulp. Bake face down until tender, ~45 mins.
- Scrape pumpkin meat from shell halves and purée in a food processor or food mill.
- Grease and flour three mini loaf pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add 1 cup pumpkin purée, eggs, oil, and sugar. Mix until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for ~25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Wrap and gift!
What’s your favorite Maine-based recipe?
gallery galleryid="341:255801" gallerytitle="KEEP READING: 3-ingredient recipes you can make right now"]