Best Secluded Beaches In Maine
I love the beach! Eventually the weather will warm up enough for beach weather in Maine. When you think beaches in Maine, Old Orchard Beach, Reid State Park and Popham Beach come to mind. However, if you are looking for that quiet beach to relax, Travel and Leisure Magazine came up with their list of the 'Five Best Secluded Beaches In Maine'
This list is clearly for beaches at the ocean and not for the inland lakes.
1. Barred Harbor, Isle of Haut: 'The only access to the beach at Barred Harbor is via seaside Goat Trail or the island-spanning Median Ridge Trail. It’s a couple miles of hiking either way, which keeps the crowds away. The horseshoe-shaped cove often harbors seabirds, and beachcombers will find the occasional lobster trap and other picturesque fishing detritus scattered among the rocks.'
2. Seawall Beach in Phippsburg. To get to the beach, you will have to hike almost two miles over Morse Mountain. The reward is a white sandy beach with rolling dunes.
3. Birch Point Beach State Park in Owls Head. It's just six miles off of busy route one, but this gem of a beach hasn't gotten the attention that Reid State Park or Popham Beach have received.
4. Jasper Beach in Machias. The beach features plenty of smooth and colorful stones, lagoons and salt marshes that attract migratory birds.
5. Sandy Point Beach in Bucksport. You'll find nesting osprey, hiking trails and at low tide you will see a half-buried passenger steamboat.
What secluded beach would you add to the list?