Flood Warning Issued For The Kennebec River
Like many who have been enjoying this warm, summer like weather, I sat down by the river on my lunch break in downtown Augusta, today. The river was quite high, and now the MEMA Site has issued this flood warning.
...The National Weather Service in Gray has issued a flood warning for the following rivers in Maine Kennebec River At Skowhegan affecting Somerset County Kennebec River At North Sidney affecting Kennebec County Kennebec River At Augusta affecting Kennebec County
* The National Weather Service in Gray has issued a Flood warning for
* At 2 PM Tuesday the stage was 14.8 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Forecast to rise above flood stage by early tomorrow and continue to rise to near 18.4 feet by tomorrow early afternoon.The river will fall below flood stage by Thursday morning.
To see all Maine watches, warnings and advisories for other possible flood danger in the state, you can check out the MEMA Flood Page.