The ‘Alfond Center For Heath’ Opens Nov 9: Info On Where & When To Go For Services
Movin’ on up! It has been a long time coming, there has been a lot of planning and building and planning, but NOW is the time. The new hospital is opening this weekend! So, what does this mean to you? Check out the details I found at MaineGeneral’s website about the move.
Let’s talk in-patients in Thayer in Waterville and old Augusta hospital; they will be moved to the new location. It has all be thought-out and planned and coordinated with ambulance services, DOT, state and local police. But for those of us not in the hospital here is the rundown:
- The Augusta Campus at 6 East Chestnut Street will close its Emergency Department at 6 a.m. and the ED at the Alfond Center for Health at 35 Medical Center Parkway, Augusta will open at 6 a.m.
- The Emergency Department at the Thayer Center for Health at 149 North Street, Waterville will remain open 24/7.
- MaineGeneral Express Care at 15 Enterprise Drive in Augusta and 211 Main Street in Waterville will have extended hours from 6 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- All women in the Kennebec Valley going into labor after 6 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 9 should report to the Alfond Center for Health.
- Walk-in non-emergent Lab and Imaging (X-ray) services will be closed in Augusta.
- Walk-in non-emergent Lab and Imaging will be open at the Thayer Center for Health, 149 North Street, Waterville as usual. The Lab is open from 8 – 11 a.m. and Imaging (X-ray) is open 24/7.
- Family and visitors will be able to visit their loved ones at the Alfond Center for Health starting at approximately 6 p.m. If they have questions before 6 p.m., they can call our Patient & Guest Relations department at 621-6468 or 861-6448.
So with the start of the regular work week Monday Nov 11 here is the scoop
Alfond Center for Health-Augusta (ACH)
On Nov. 11 all inpatient and outpatient services open as usual.
The following practices will be open for business at the Scott B. Bullock Medical Office Building:
The following practices will be open for business at the ACH:
Thayer Center for Health
- All outpatient services open as usual.
- Emergency Department open 24/7.
- Renovations begin! All outpatient services will remain open during renovations.