Career Builder’s List Of The Strangest Things Done By Job Applicants During An Interview
A few weeks ago, I posted a list of the strangest (most difficult) questions asked during recent job interviews. basically, they were questions designed to make the potential employee think on their feet. Now, we're talking about the strangest things done by applicant's during a job interview.
CareerBuilder.com recently conducted their annual poll of the biggest mistakes made by candidates during job interviews. They asked 2,600 HR managers about the strangest things a candidate had done during the last year.
Here is the best of the best:
– Candidate asked to step away to call his wife to ask her if the starting salary was enough before he agreed to continue with the interview.
– Candidate asked where the nearest bar was located.
– Candidate brought his childhood toys to the interview.
– Candidate ate a pizza he brought with him (and didn’t offer to share).
– Candidate asked interviewer why her aura didn’t like the candidate.
– Candidate invited interviewer to dinner afterwards.
– Candidate stated that if the interviewer wanted to get to heaven, she would hire him.
– Candidate ate crumbs off the table.
– Candidate said her hair was perfect when asked why she should become part of the team.
– Candidate sang to a song on the radio playing overhead.
– Candidate bragged about the fact that they were in the local newspaper for allegedly stealing a treadmill from an older woman’s house.
– Candidate put on and took off her sunglasses repeatedly.