Every Oscar Nominee Got a Gift Bag Worth More Than $100K; Here Are The Crazy Things Inside Each One
Our post-COVID world saw the 2022 Academy Awards come back much like they did prior to the pandemic. It was an all-out red-carpet, star-studded event as the who's who of Hollywood exited their limousines and black SUVs to walk the carpet at LA's Dolby Theater.
Of course 'the day after' has us talking about the altercation between Chris Rock and Will Smith where Smith walked on stage and slapped Rock following a joke Rock made about Smith's wife, Jada Pinkett Smith.
The other thing that has us talking this morning are the famous Academy Award gift bags that are handed out to each of the show's nominees. Did you know that this year each of those 'bags' was worth more than $100,000? EACH!
Now like us, I'm sure you're also wondering what in the heck is in each of those bags. Well, the answer(s) is pretty ridiculous.. let's run down the list!
The following list is from E! News, and details what each Oscar nominee got in their bag.
- A three-night stay in Scotland's Turin Castle, worth $50,000, and inspired by Denzel Washington being nominated for Best Actor in The Tragedy of Macbeth (butler service *is* included, thanks for checking);
- A four-night stay at the Golden Door resort in California worth $15,000;
- A small plot of land in Scotland, along with the title Lord or Lady of Glencoe;
- A $12,000 liposuction procedure from Dr. Thomas Su called “Celebrity Arms”;
- $10,000 of “treatments and rejuvenation procedures” from Dr. Konstantin Vasyukevich;
- A life coaching session with Kayote Joseph worth $1,200;
- $25,000 in home renovations from Maison Construction in L.A.
Must-See 2022 Oscars Fashion
Do you have our free radio station app yet? If not, it's the perfect way to request a song, talk to the DJs, enter exclusive contests and to stay up to date with everything that's happening in and around Central Maine and the world. When you download it, make sure you turn on the push notifications so that we can send you exclusive content and local breaking news that you need to know about first. Just enter your mobile number below and we'll send a download link right to your mobile device. After that, you can download for free and immediately begin accessing all kinds of exclusive content tailored just for you. Give it a try and stay connected with us!