Contact Us

Southern Maine Girl’s iPhone Starts Fire in Her Pants

iPhone with cracked screen
Alejandrolavinjr, Flickr

A 13-year-old girl in Kennebunk this week suffered first and second degree burns when her iPhone caught fire in her pants. She sat down in her class with her phone in her back pocket. She heard a popping sound and noticed smoke.

According to USA Today, fire officials are investigating, but speculation is that the phone’s battery shorted out when she sat down.

After the girl’s friends asked boys to step outside, she took off the pants and a teacher brought a blanket. She was treated and released from the hospital.

More from 92 Moose

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://92moose.fm using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on 92 Moose quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on 92 Moose quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!