In the continuing effort to help raise funds and awareness, as well as trying to find a bone marrow match, for local dispatcher and firefighter Adam Zibura, there will be a benefit dinner and auction coming to Augusta's Calumet Club.
There will be a social hour, dinner, and a silent auction followed by a live auction hosted by Matt James of 92 Moose. Anyone interested should purchase tickets soon as the event is expected to sell out!
***FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE HERE***
***BUY TICKETS HERE***
According to the Facebook event page,
Adam Zibura of Windsor, Maine was diagnosed with Leukemia in September 2021. His Leukemia diagnosis came as a result of having Bloom Disease which is a rare genetic disorder that he was diagnosed with at the age of seven. Sadly, more than 50% of patients with Bloom Disease are diagnosed with a type of cancer, commonly Leukemia. In order to have a chance at life without cancer, he requires a 100% match for a bone marrow transplant.
Typically, Leukemia patients are able to receive bone marrow transplants from somebody that is not a 100% match but due to Adam’s Bloom Disease, he needs a match that is significantly harder to find. Leukemia patients have a 30% chance of finding a bone marrow donor within their families, while 70% of patients pray that they match with a compatible stranger, which is where we are looking now.
Adam is home for the foreseeable future, unable to work at his beloved job at the Augusta Regional Communications Center- 911 Emergency Dispatch. He has been blessed so far to receive sick time donations from his co-workers but will soon run out and will require assistance in paying every day bills with a mountain of medical debt on top.
Our mission for this event is to raise funds to cover some of Adam's expenses, both living and medical. Furthermore, we are kindly asking that you would consider getting tested to see if you could be Adam's match! You can sign up for your free swab kit at www.BeTheMatch.org or you can get swabbed at this event as well!
Adam has served our communities as part of the Volunteer Windsor Fire Department and also answering our 911 calls for the greater part of the last 15 years. Please join us in coming together to serve him now!
Join us for dinner and live auction on January 15th, 2022 at Le Club Calumet.
Social Hour- 5:00pm
For questions and/or
tickets please contact:
$20 per person
***CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR TICKETS NOW***
Read on for the Top 10 Safest Cities and Towns in Maine
released their latest data regarding safe cities and towns in the Pine Tree State. Here are the top 10.
25 Small Restaurants in Maine Worth the Drive
The Top 20 Maine News Stories of 2021 You Clicked on the Most
There were some surprises on this list of the top 20 news stories you clicked on in 2021.
12 Restaurants & Bars in Maine with Something Fun to Do While You Eat & Drink
I personally love a place that offers not only good food and drinks but something to do while I enjoy those things, especially when I’m with a group of friends. Here are a few places in Maine that offer activities while you sip and dine:
Do you have our free radio station app yet? If not, it's the perfect way to request a song, talk to the DJs, enter exclusive contests and to stay up to date with everything that's happening in and around Central Maine and the world. When you download it, make sure you turn on the push notifications so that we can send you exclusive content and local breaking news that you need to know about first. Just enter your mobile number below and we'll send a download link right to your mobile device. After that, you can download for free and immediately begin accessing all kinds of exclusive content tailored just for you. Give it a try and stay connected with us!