Thanksgiving Foods You Should Not Feed Your Dog
Thanksgiving is a time for family and for many that includes your pets. I am a pushover when it comes to begging dogs and giving them people food. Here's guide of what not to feed your dog during Thanksgiving.
1. Turkey Skin and uncooked turkey.Fatty foods are tough for your dog to digest.
2. Onions, leeks, garlic & scallins. These alliums can lead to toxic anemia.
3. Grapes and raisins: They can cause kidney failure.
4. No dough or cake batter. Uncooked dough and cake batter can cause your dog abdominal pain and bloating.
5. No alcohol. It can really mess with their stomach Too much can lead to fever, rapid heartbeat, seizures, liver damage, or even death.
6. Macadamia Nuts. They’re very bad for dogs, and can cause a reaction called macadamia nut toxicosis. Symptoms can range from lethargy to vomiting to your dog being unable to stand up.
7. Mushrooms. If your dog eats mushrooms, the dog may experience vomiting, seizures, or even coma and possibly death.
Thanksgiving Food that are alright for your dog.
1. White turkey meat
2. Mashed Potatoes...without sour cream, cheese, gravy, onions and butter
3. mac and cheese
4. Green Beans (not green bean casserole)
Make sure you don't over do it with the scraps!