Renee’s 8 Steps for Self-Care While Working at Home
My life and my daily habits are all out of wack right now...in an effort to use that in a good way I am working on upping my daily self-care while I am in the kitchen doing that radio thing!
- I keep my apartment SUPER tidy. It just makes being here SO much a bit easier. Clutter and mess are now next-level annoying.
- Cutting back on coffee. It is the perfect time to do this. Change of scenery, change of habits.
- Drinking more water. OMG. I am horrible at this but it has been a bit easier since I am working in my kitchen. BUT I NEED TO BE BETTER!
- I bought a resistance band to have at home. It is an easy way to do get a little exercise. Before the show even starts in the morning I do an upper body work out with that thing.
- I am taking two minutes each hour during the morning show to do SOMETHING. Stretch, plank, yoga stretch…SOMETHING to move off my kitchen chair.
- I have an s-bar to work on my own back. It is a big S-shaped device that makes it so you can work on trigger points to massage your own back. I have REALLY needed this.
- Open the blinds! My apartment does not get a lot of natural light so I keep the blinds open most of the day. Yes, I have neighbors that walk by and can see in IF they really want to look in, but all they are going to see if me, not doing much.
- Like I did before all of this...I get up and get dressed and ready just like I would be going to the office. It just sets the tone of the morning as a workday.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app