NOT Doing This Could Prevent A House Fire
As we start seeing winter-like temps, people are beginning to use their electric space heaters.
They are, typically, very safe, but accidents do happen.
According to WGME, fire officials warn that these heaters should only be plugged directly into the wall. Power strips and extension cords were never intended to take the load these devices require. As a result, strips and cords may catch fire.
Between 2009 and 2013, heaters caused 56,000 fires in U.S. homes and killed over 400 people.