Renee’s Maine Staycation 2018 Ideas
So…not every vacation can be a get-a-way that you travel hundreds and hundreds to get to. At least not more me, my wallet will not allow that! That means some vacation time, or sunny afternoons, you need to look for a little fun closer to home. So here are a few things I want to do this summer.
- Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay. I have been there before and it is amazing. Acres and acres of natural beauty. Then maybe a little dinner in Boothbay Harbor. That sounds like a fun Maine afternoon.
- There are a few museums I have been wanting to check out. The Colby College Museum of Art in Waterville. The other place I want to visit is more introspective, I want to visit Holocaust and Human Rights Center of Maine at the University of Maine at Augusta campus.
- Thorncrag Bird Sanctuary in Lewiston. Every photo I have seen looks beautiful. The biggest reason I have not been to Thorncrag is…they…don’t…allow…dogs. I normally walk with ShadowDog so this will have to be one of those things I plan with a human companion as opposed to my canine companion.
- Swan Island in Richmond. Again, this is a no dog’s allowed location. Going to need a human companion or go alone. Both are ok options. It does involve a reservation and a boat trip to get there so there a little pre-planning that is required.
- I want to go on a boat ride down on the Kennebec River. Gees, IF I only knew someone with a boat…hummmm.